Looking for Best Refrigerator Brand in India? You have come to the right place! 😀
Samsung is a south korean company which sells wide variety of consumer and industry electronics including appliances, digital media devices, semiconductors, memory chips, and integrated systems
Samsung is one of the world’s largest producers of electronic devices.
Samsung Refrigerators are one of the best Refrigerator brands in India, thanks to their innovative approach towards building consumer centric products. It is being said that “Customers Are The King” and Samsung knows that very well which is evident from their customer service.
Not only their products but also their Marketing has been exceptionally great so far and they have done a phenomenal work on creating a great brand recall. Their products are value for money too!
Samsung have started using Amazing Technologies in their Refrigerators such has Triple Cooling System,FlexZone,Artificial Intelligence system. All these technologies have been made super simple.
Their Digital Inverter Refrigerators run even during the Power cut! (Runs on Home Inverter and Solar Energy!) This gives several benefits such as
- Consumes very less energy
- The food remains fresh during Power cuts
- Keeps on running 24×7 even during Power cuts!
Their sleek and elegant design Refrigerators will give an Amazing look to Your Kitchen!
They have got Refrigerator of various styles such as
- French Door
- Side by Side
- Top Mount Freezer
- Single Door
Their Family Hub Refrigerators are gaining popularity these days due to the amazing benefits it offers such as
- Food Management- We can see what’s inside the Fridge, sync our family’s shopping lists.
- Home Entertainment-It has a Family Hub Screen which lets you watch your favourite TV programs or mobile content while you are cooking
- Home Control-With the help of Bixby(AI system), you can take control of your home devices!
Check out this amazing video!
As their Brand Name suggests, “Life’s good”, Same goes for their Refrigerator Products!
The Quality of their products is exceptionally great. The style of their Refrigerators include single door,double door,bottom freezer, Side by Side. They have got pocket-friendly products(Starting from Rs 13000!)
Smart Minds behind LG are using various technologies in their refrigerators that are helping them to
- consume lesser energy
- Uniform cooling throughout the fridge
- Be able to connect your Refrigerator with your SmartPhone
If you are wondering that, “Okay, all these benefits sounds great but what about the customer service”? Then I gotta tell you that they haven’t reached in Refrigerator products this far without exceptionally well Customer service!
If, by any chance, you get any problem regarding your refrigerator , they are there to help anytime you want! 🙂
Do checkout this video on LG’s Inverter Compressor Technology! 😀
It is a germany based company which manufactures all type of kitchen related products. Their motto “Technology meets Design” is not just a line but something they truly stand for! 😉
If we just talk about their Refrigerator products, they are made with excellent craft and modern technology.
They have got various types of Refrigerators such as
- Built-in Fridges and Freezers
- Freestanding Fridges and Freezers
- Wine Coolers
Some of the Amazing Qualities of their Refrigerator include
- Perfection in Refrigeration
- They have got Wine Coolers! With two independently adjustable temperature zones to ensure perfect conditions for your wines!
- Their double door and side by side fridge freezers has first class design and ample space!
- They have got a perfect blend of performance and are energy efficient!
- Talking about design, they are stunning,convenient to use and filled with superior technology!
They also have a thinking of “Heading into the Future.For more than a Century” So I think you can guess from this slogan itself that how far they think when it comes to make products for their customers. 😉
They believe in using Innovative Technologies so that they can completely transform your home.
Their mission is simple- “Simplifying your day-to-day life, while inspiring a new way of living. Enjoy the future today! 😀
Needless to say, their customer service is beyond excellent! 🙂
Bosch in an engineering and technology german company.It is a leading supplier of technology and services in the area of Mobility solutions,Industrial Technology,Consumer goods etc.
They manufacture Refrigerators of the following styles
- Fridge Freezers
- Side by Side
Let’s have a look on to the benefits of Bosch Refrigerators
- They have a feature called “Superfreezing” which protects frozen food from defrosting when adding new food to the freezer.
- They give faster cooling. At the press of a button, you can reduce the fridge temperature.
- They have multi-flow Air system which gives even distribution for longer freshness!
- They have LED lights in them which brings a completely new lightening concept to them
- There are two separate cooling circuits for the fridge and freezer, so there is no odour mixing and the temperature can be controlled independently, keeping the freshness of the food intact and the smell of the food in place!
- The interior design of Bosch fridges and freezers offers a clear view.There’s also an option of flexible shelving which allows you to create the space you need.
- Their Side by Side Refrigerators also provide a clear overview and enough space for everything in store!
- The trays and shelves glide gently towards you on telescopic rails, which makes inserting and removing food child’s play.
Whirlpool has been a leading manufacturer of Home Appliances since many years. This company might be very old but keep in mind that they think light years ahead as far as technology is concerned. Their sales of Refrigerator have been phenomenal so far, thanks to their amazing Quality Refrigerators and their fantastic Marketing Skills! 😉
They manufacture Refrigerators in various styles such as
- Single Door
- Double Door
- Bottom Mount
- Three Door
- French Door
- Side by Side
- Four Door
They have reasonable price Refrigerators as well as those which are a bit heavy on pocket but still the value they deliver is far greater than the price they charge for!
Some of the great technologies that they have been using in their Refrigerators and the benefits they delivers includes!
- Plasma Inverter Technology
- 4X Precise Cooling
- Auto Defrost Technology
- 6th sense Intellifrost Technology
- Auto connect to Home Inverter
- 4-IN-1 Cooling Modes
- Zeolite technology(which gives 12 days of Garden Freshness to your fruits and vegetables!)
- Laminar Air flow(which gives 12 hours of milk preservation even during power cut!)
- MicroBlock Technology(which prevents 99 percent bacterial growth and keeps the freshness intact for up to longer)
- Insulated Capillary Technology(Helps in making Ice faster)
Their customer service is extremely good!
Godrej is an Indian Company headquartered in Mumbai which operates in various different sectors such as Real Estate,consumer goods,appliances and other sectors.
“Intelligence Meets Efficiency” is their Appliances’ motto. This slogan has always been proven by their Refrigerator Products.
They have got two styles of Refrigerators
- Single Door
- Double Door
They have got Refrigerators available from low price as well as to an expensive price.
They sell Direct cool and Frost Free Refrigerators.
Some of the amazing benefits offered by their Refrigerators include
- Capable of running on an home inverter
- Extra storage space inside the Refrigerator
- Retains moisture within the crisper section which ensures the freshness to your vegetables and fruits.
- Provides uniform cooling
Haier is a Chinese Company that designs,develops,manufactures and sells products like air conditioners,mobile phones,computers,microwave ovens,washing machines,Refrigerators and Televisions.
They have got various types of Refrigerators that includes
- Bottom Mounted Refrigerators
- French Door Refrigerators
- Side by Side Refrigerators
- Top Mount Frost Free Refrigerators
- Direct cool(DC)
- Mini Bar
Various Technologies they use in their Refrigerators and the benefits they provide includes
- Turbo Icing-Accelerates the Time needed to freeze products in the freezer section
- Moveable Ice Tray-It can be shifted from one spot to another And gives you extra space
- Twin Energy Saving Modes-It saves up to 15 percent in mode one
- 10 years warranty on Compressor
- Bigger Cooling pads for Dealing with Power cuts
- Removable Anti-Fungal Gasket Ensures Food Protection
- Luxury Home Bar To Automatically Dispense Ice Water
- Child lock and door alarm
- Holiday function to smartly manage the Refrigerator
- Full DC-inverter compressor with Stabilizer free operation
- Super beautiful design which can also give an amazing look to your kitchen! 😉
One of the most astonishing facts about Haier is that it was once debt-ridden refrigerator manufacturer but now it is the global market leader in major home appliances with its market share in double digits!
Videocon is an Indian Conglomerate company which operates in various different sectors such as consumer electronics like televisions,washing machines,air conditioners,refrigerators,microwave ovens and Mobile phones,DTH,communication etc.
It is one of the most trustworthy brands.They offer Refrigerators that are both reliable and affordable! 🙂
They have various styles of Refrigerators like
- single door refrigerator
- double door refrigerator
- side by side refrigerator
Design of Videocon Refrigerators
They have Refrigerators of different different colour and textures. There are two to four shelves in them which are made up of robust materials.
Their Refrigerators are also energy efficient and boast of 3 to 5 star rating! If you are wondering about capacity, they have them ranging from 47 liters to 604 liters.
Wondering about the technologies being used in Videocon Refrigerators?
They use Direct cool and Frost Free Defrosting Technologies that have been integrated into them. They quickly cool down your food and maintain a constant air flow.
The reciprocating compressor, door lock, 1-year manufacturer warranty, cover crisper, egg tray, etc. are some of the additional features and benefits that come with Videocon refrigerators
They also sell a mini fridge which is relative cheaper and can also satisfy your requirements! 🙂
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational company operating in electronic devices.
They sell Refrigerators of Various styles like
- Single door Refrigerator
- Top freezer Refrigerator
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- 4 Door Model
- Side by Side Refrigerator
The benefits of Panasonic Refrigerators are
- The shelves inside these refrigerators are spill proof.These spill proof shelves prevent liquid from seeping through and is strong enough to support heavier objects!
- With the help of Quick Cooling Mode feature, cooling system works in maximum loading state when this mode is started.
- The handle is made up of stainless steel which gives this Refrigerator an awesome look and feel and it is also easy to wipe and clean!
- The temperature of different compartments in these refrigerators can be accurately displayed and precisely controlled by the touch-able screen!
- There’s a double vegetable box inside these Refrigerators which offers larger storage space!
Panasonic uses the latest technologies in their Refrigerators to make the consumer centric products and their customer service is also very good! 😀
Electrolux is a swedish multi national home appliance manufacturer. Electrolux products include Refrigerators,dish washers,washing machines,ovens,air conditioners,vacuum cleaners etc.
They sell refrigerators in various sizes such as
- French Door Refrigerators
- Side by Side Refrigerators
- Single Door Refrigerators
Jumping on to the benefits of Electrolux Refrigerators
- Vegetables are always crisp and flavorful in Electrolux’s humidity controlled crisper drawers!
- Their Refrigerators have large capacity
- For their French Door Refrigerators, the icemaker is easy to install, unlike some that require installation of a separate accessory drain pump kit
- Controls are on the top of the door — so they’re easy to set when needed, and hidden from view when the door is closed.
- There’s an Energy Saving Eco mode which slows ice production and saves approximately 23 percent of water and electric usage.
- There’s also a delay mode which suspends ice production for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours or days. Perfect during sleeping hours, or during the week for your weekend vacation home.
How To Choose A Refrigerator?
There are many factors which comes into play while choosing a Refrigerator.
- Types Of Refrigerators
- Capacity or Size of Fridge
- Energy Rating
- Defrosting Type
Let’s have a look at them one-by-one!
Types Of Refrigerators
- Single Door Refrigerator
- Double-Door Refrigerator
- Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- French Door Refrigerator
1.Single Door Refrigerator
- It is a Refrigerator which only has one door(As the name suggests!)
- It has a capacity anywhere from 50 to 250 L
- A Single door Refrigerator is good for a family size of 1 to 3 members!
- It occupies less amount of Space
- Their cost are also very Reasonable.
- In these type of Refrigerator, you have to open the main door first and then the freezer door to access the freezer
- Power is consumed less as compared to double-door
2.Double Door Refrigerator
- As the name suggests, it has two doors.
- A double door refrigerator is great for a family of 3-4 members
- It comes frost free with electric fans
- It is huge and requires more space in the house
- Power is consumed more as compared to single door refrigerator
- Double door Refrigerators have a capacity 235 litres to 495 litres
3.Side by Side Refrigerator
- These Type of Refrigerators are not as energy efficient as compared to other types of Refrigerators.
- They are of slim style which limits the amount of food that can be stored inside.
- They have the benefit of requiring small door swing space which makes them ideal for kitchens with limited area.
- They are also budget-friendly .
- Some of them also have external ice machine and water dispenser
4.Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- The Bottom Freezer utilizes the lesser-used space at the basement as compared to side-by-side refrigerator
- They have pull-out drawers have adjustable shelves!
- The Refrigerator portion occupies more space because the freezer has been moved to the bottom!
- Most Bottom Freezer Refrigerators are equipped with handy pull out baskets making more storage!
- The total cost depends on brand,size but generally, these type of Refrigerators tend to be on more expensive sides.
- You will always have to bent down to take frozen items from Refrigerator which is not good for elderly people!
5.French Door Refrigerator
- They are one of the most popular styles of Refrigerators used today!
- They are basically side by side refrigerator with a bottom freezer
- Frozen Food have to be stacked on top of each other unlike the more organized side by side
- These type of Refrigerators can be expensive!
- They gives you an illusion of your kitchen looking bigger!!
- They have an energy saving benefit too!
Capacity of a Refrigerator
The larger your Refrigerator, More will be its Energy Consumption. If you are Replacing your old fridge with a new one, do not keep the old fridge because then it will consume even more energy. Unless, you absolutely need two refrigerators for your food’s cooling needs, you should definitely send the old for recycling. This will also save your energy consumption!
The size of your Refrigerator will often depend on the size of your Family members. If your Family have more than 5-6 members, go ahead with a Refrigerator whose net capacity is more than 500L, otherwise you would be okay with a capacity of less than 500L!
What is the Defrosting System in a Refrigerator?
The defrost system is found in all the refrigeration systems, household as well as the industrial systems.
The refrigeration systems are used to develop temperature below the freezing point temperature of water.
When the refrigeration systems works continuously for long periods of time a layer of ice or frost is built around the evaporator coil or the freezer that does not allows the cooling effect from the evaporator to pass into the freezer thus acting as the insulator.
This leads to loss of the precious cooling effect and reduction of coefficient of performance of the refrigerator and ultimately excessive increase in the electricity bills.
Thus the householder gets less freezing effect and has to pay more bills.
So the question is what are the various ways of Defrosting?
There are three methods of Defrosting
- Manual Defrosting
- Defrosting by Thermostat
- Defrosting by Heater
This is the oldest method of defrosting used in the earliest refrigerators that had no automatic defrost systems.
When the householder sees the layer of ice on the evaporator coil of the freezer, they simply shut down the refrigerator and keep its doors open.
Since the compressor has stopped there is no more formation of the cooling effect and the cabinet of refrigerator starts getting heated.
The ice on the evaporator coil starts melting and gets completely removed after certain period of time thus completing the process of defrosting
2.Defrosting by Thermostat
The modern day refrigerators are fitted with thermostat that enables the user to set certain temperature in the freezer compartment as per their requirement.
Besides this, there is a small plastic tray below the freezer compartment where the excess water from freezer is collected.
When the temperature set by the user is attained the thermostat stops supply of power to the compressor and there is halt in production of the cooling effect.
This occurs several times throughout the day. During this period, the ice collected on the evaporator coil of the freezer starts melting and the water, called condensate, is collected in the tray.
This tray has a small outlet at its bottom back side in its middle part. 3
Small tubing is connected to this outlet and this tube comes outside from the backside of the refrigerator.
In the bottom of the backside of refrigerator there is a compressor above which a small plastic condensate pan is kept.
The tubing extends till this pan and the defrost water from the freezer is delivered here.
Due to heat liberated by the compressor, the water in the pan tends to get evaporated. But sometimes the amount of defrost water is too high and the pan may overflow.
In such cases the water has to be removed at regular intervals. This type of automatic defrost system is used in the single door refrigerators.
3.Defrosting by Heater
This automatic defrost system is employed in refrigerators with more than one door.
In these refrigerators the freezer section is separated from the cooling cabinets. There is ducting in the PUF of the refrigerator that allows the flow of maximum cooling effect to the freezer and least to the cabinet meant for keeping the things cool.
Apart from the thermostat, there is also a heater fitted to the evaporator coil of these refrigerators. At certain regular intervals, there is stoppage of supply of electricity to the compressor and at the same time the supply to the heater is started.
This occurs for very short period of time, like few minutes and during this period all the frost accumulated on the evaporator gets removed.
The condensate is collected via small tubing from the back of the refrigerator into a small plastic condensate at the bottom of the refrigerator, very much like in the previous case.
Conclusion– I think buying a Refrigerator with an automatic Defrosting system is way better than buying one with that requires manual work!