Finding a Refrigerator in India can be daunting task since it is one of the most important investments for your home but don’t worry because today I will help you find a best Refrigerator in India!
There are many factors which comes into play while choosing a best refrigerator. I highly recommend that you read How To Choose A Refrigerator
I have also got the list of Top 10 Best Refrigerator Brands in India 😀
Alright, Let’s begin the search of finding the best refrigerator for your home! 🙂
1.SAMSUNG’s Best Refrigerator in India
RF28N9780SG French Door with Family Hub 810L
Are you wondering what are the benefits of this #1 Best Refrigerator in India? Here you go!
1.There’s a cooling system in this refrigerator known as a Triple Cooling System that independently control and optimizes the Temperature,maximizes humidity and prevents the mixing of odor in 3 compartments.
Just so that you know, this is a revolutionary cooling system ever built in a refrigerator!
In addition the this, a metal cooling plate also helps in keeping the air cool to maintain freshness.
2.This Refrigerator has a FlexZone which keeps different foods very fresh!
3.It has an in-built fridge drawer that gives you extremely flexible storage space!
4.With the help of Bluetooth, you can connect your smartphone with this awesome best refrigerator in India. This helps you in calling or answering people just with your voice without holding the mobile!
5.One of the most awesome benefits that I have found in this refrigerator is that it has an AI system known as Bixby that lets you conveniently access uniquely tailored services and contents!
General Specifications of #1 Best Refrigerator in India
- Capacity-810 liter
- Net Weight-168 kg
- Cooling Type-Triple Cooling
- Net case height with hinge-1825mm
- Net Depth with Door Handle-871mm
- Net Width-908mm
- Door Type-Swing
- Compressor-Inverter Compressor
- 5 number of total shelves
Guys, I highly recommend you checkout this video!!
2.Whirlpool Vitamagic 215 L, 4 Star Direct Cool Refrigerator with Pedestal (Inverter Compressor)
Let’s see the benefits of #2 Best Refrigerator in India!
1.Due to the presence of advanced Insulated Capillary Technology and Powerful Compressor in this refrigerator, it makes ice very faster so that you never remain short of ice in your home! 😀
2.You do not require a separate stabilizer!
3.Due to the presence of MicroBlock Technology in this refrigerator, it prevents 99% bacterial growth and keeps the long lasting freshness! 😀
4.The milk in this #1 best refrigerator in India does not spoil even after 12 hours of Power cut!
5.The Nutrients in this refrigerator are preserved and it also maintains ideal condition for vegetables upto 12 days!
6.This refrigerator also gives very uniform and precise cooling 🙂
General Specifications of #2 Best Refrigerator in India
- Net quantity-1N
- Gross Capacity-215 L
- Warranty-10 Year
- Ice Tray-2
|2L Bottle Bin||Yes|
|Ice Tray (No / Rows)||2|
|Shelf Type||Glass with Chrome Trim|
|No. of Shelves||3|
|Multi Utility Box||Tray|
3. LG 687 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator(GC-B247SLUV.APZQEBN, Platinum Silver, Inverter Compressor)
Jumping on to the benefits of #3 Best Refrigerator in India
1.With the help of sensors in this refrigerator, you can monitor both internal and external temperatures for temperature consistency which helps to maintain the quality of food for longer!
2.There are multiple cooling air vents which distribute and circulate air to every corner of the refrigerator which ensures that each food item is properly cooled.
3.This refrigerator gives liberty of a lot of storage due to 600L capacity!
4.This LG refrigerator has a unique Inverter Linear Compressor which uses a linear piston drive instead of a conventional reciprocating device. This results in very less internal friction which further leads to 51 percent lower energy consumption!
5.You get 10 years of Warranty after purchasing this #3 Best refrigerator in India! 😀
6.You can connect your refrigerator with your smartphone and be able to control all its features with a click of your smartphone! 🙂
Humidity levels are optimised in this refrigerator which keeps the vegetables fresh for a longer period of time!
General Specifications of #3 Best Refrigerator in India!
- Display Type-Exterior LED
- Multi Digital Sensors-5
- Child Lock-Yes
- Door Alarm-Yes
4. Siemens KA92DSB30 636 litres Side by Side Refrigerator (Black )
If you are wondering, what are the benefits of this #4 best refrigerator in India?
Let’s dive into them!
1.It prevents ice from forming thus saving you time and effort from defrosting!
2.You can control and set the temperature of this refrigerator with the touch of a button!
3.There’s a “bigBox” in this refrigerator with the help of which you can store large frozen food items like pizza or a container full of grapes etc.
4.It has a holidayMood setting which gives you energy-saving cooling while you are away!
5.You can use superCooling button to quickly reduce the temperature in the refrigerator!
Specifications of #4 Best Refrigerator in India
- Gross Capacity-636L
- Net Weight-169.8kg
- NoFrost-Saves your time and effort from defrosting!
- Multi-air flow system–
Minimises fluctuating temperatures by ensuring optimal and uniform air circulation in the fridge
- Supercooling – Automatically brings down the temperature of the refrigerator to cool new groceries rapidly.
1.There’s a presence of LED illumination in fridge,freezer sections and ice-water dispenser!
2.There’ s also a presence of Alarm system to alert the prolonged opening of refrigerator doors.
3.There’s a adjustable front feet for added stability!
4.There’s a separate temperature controls for fridge and freezer
5. Godrej 580 L 3 Star Frost free Double Door Refrigerator (R T EON VESTA 595MDI3.4, Platinum Steel
Benefits of #5 Best Refrigerator in India are
1.The food stays fresh for up to 6 days due to the presence of unique Nutrifresh Inverter Compressor technology in this Refrigerator.
2.There’s Uniform Cooling across all shelves to avoid food spoilage.
3.There’s extra storage space present in this refrigerator due to the presence of the “Jumbo Vegetable tray” in it.
4.It is capable of running on any home inverter.
5. The Fresh Shield Crisper technology in it helps to retain the moisture within the crisper section thereby ensuring better freshness to your fruits and vegetables.
General Specifications of #5 Best Refrigerator in India are
- Number of Doors-Double Doors.
- Color-Platinum Steel
- Defrosting Type-Frost Free
6. Panasonic 584 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator (NR-BS60MSX1)
Let’s dive into the benefits of #6 best Refrigerator in India!
1.The shelves inside this refrigerator are spill proof.These spill proof shelves prevent liquid from seeping through and is strong enough to support heavier objects!
2.The temperature of different compartments in this refrigerator can be accurately displayed and precisely controlled by the touch-able screen!
3.With the help of Quick Cooling Mode feature, cooling system works in maximum loading state when this mode is started.
4.The handle is made up of stainless steel which gives this Refrigerator an awesome look and feel and it is also easy to wipe and clean!
5.There’s a double vegetable box inside this Refrigerator which offers larger storage space!
The Specifications of #6 best refrigerator in India are
- Gross Capacity-584L
- Eco LED light
- Stainless steel finish
- New cooling system which optimizes duct system
- Spill Proof toughened glass shelves
- It has Vacation Mode
- Quick cooling mode is also Present
7. Samsung’sRS72R50114G Side by Side with SpaceMax Technology 700l
Let’s see the benefits of #7 Best Refrigerator in India
1.Due to the All Around Cooling feature in this Refrigerator,it makes sure that all of your food is properly cooled, doesn’t matter where it is present inside the fridge.
It cools the fridge evenly from corner to corner so that every item of your food remains fresh for a longer period of time!
2.It has a sleek and seemless design which will fit perfectly with your kitchen, hence giving your kitchen an elegant and an awesome look!
3.It also provides rapid cooling performance. Power cool option blows cold air in to the fridge to quickly cool your groceries or favourite drinks!
4.Due to the presence of Deodorizing filter ,It preserves the original flavour and aroma of food for longer period of time!
The built-in natural fiber Deodorizing Filter eliminates strong smells as the air is continually passed through activated carbon filters. So here’s no need for other odor fighting solutions!
5. A large capacity Vege Box provides a convenient space to store a large amount of fresh vegetables and fruit.
And because it’s so big it’s much easier to find everything, as they’re all in one place and easy to get to, so you can enjoy them more often without taking up valuable kitchen space.
General Specifications of #7 Best Refrigerator in India are
- Gross Total-700l
- Net Width-912mm
- Net Weight-110kg
- Net case height with hinge-1780mm
8. Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator(WDE 205 CLS 3S BLUE-E, Blue)
Benefits of #8 Best Refrigerator in India are!
1.It connects to home inverter automatically in case of power cut and thus delivering constant cooling and long lasting freshness! 😀
2. Vegetable Crisper with Honey Comb Moisture Lock-in Technology maintains optimum moisture in your vegetables and keeps them fresher for longer .
3. Special Cooling Vents that regulate the air in a laminar flow for supreme & uniform cooling throughout the refrigerator
4.The cooling stays locked inside, retaining it for up to 12 hours. You can enjoy cold beverages even during the power cut 😉
General Specifications of #8 Best Refrigerator in India are!
- Gross Capacity-190 L
- Crisper-Normal,Larger Crisper
- Star Rating-3 Star
- Works without stabilizer-Yes
- Number of Shelves-2
9. Bosch 655 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator(KAN92LB35I, Black, Inverter Compressor)
Let’s jump on to the benefits of #9 Best Refrigerator in India
1.It has a feature called “SuperFreezing” which protects frozen food from defrosting
when adding new food to the freezer, And the new food freezes faster.
Appliances with an automatic freezing function return to normal operation once the required temperature is reached. This prevents energy waste.
2.It gives faster cooling. At the press of a button, you can reduce the fridge temperature. So from now on, you won’t have to wait for your favourite drink to cool.
3.It has Multi Flow Air system which gives even air distribution for longer freshness!
4.There are some sensors which have been designed in this fridge. They constantly check and control the fridge and freezer temperature irrespective of the temperature outside.
Imagine this benefit as
this feature keeps your ice cream perfect, without making it too hard or too soft! 😀
5. It has LED lights also!
LED lights bring a completely new lighting concept to fridges, guaranteeing even, glare-free interior illumination.
LED lights use less electricity than conventional fridge lights and last an (appliance) lifetime!
6. There are two separate cooling circuits for the fridge and freezer, so there is no odour mixing and the temperature can be controlled independently, keeping the freshness of the food intact and the smell of the food in place!
General Specifications of #9 Best Refrigerator in India are
- Gross Capacity (Total): 655 L
- Gross Capacity (Fridge): 404 L
- Gross Capacity (Freezer): 251 L
- Energy Efficiency Rating: A++
- Energy Consumption: 639 kWh/annum
- Appliance Height: 1,756 mm
Appliance Width: 912 mm
Appliance Depth: 732 mm
- Net Weight: 139.7 kg
10. Samsung 192 L 2 Star Direct-Cool Single Door refrigerator (RR19R2412SE/NL,Electric Silver)
Some of the Benefits of #10 Best Refrigerator in India are
1.There’s a Power efficient Bright Lamp inside the fridge with the help of which you can find your fruits and fresh stuffs very easily! 😀
2. It has a Stabiliser Free Operation which means it works very steadily and reliably and prevents electrical damage or shorting if there are any voltage fluctuations.
If it increases too much it automatically cuts the power! 😉
3.It has toughened glass shelves that are designed and tested to hold a weight of up to 150 Kg safely.
So even large vegetables, like marrows, or dishes prepared in heavy pots and pans can be kept cool and fresh.
4.It has an Anti Bacterial Gasket which helps keep the door liner clean and prevents the build-up of fungi and bacteria inside the refrigerator.
So everything is more hygienic and food is less likely to go off quickly.
5. Its Safe Clean Back is a smooth safety cover for its internal vital components that can be easily wiped clean.
It also looks neat and provides added durability by protecting them from accidental bumps and knocks.
6.It has a Deep Door Guard which can safely store larger bottles, bulky cartons of milk and juice and more beverage items without wasting space.
It can fit in three 2 L bottles and a 1 L in the door at the same time.
7. It has a large capacity Vege box which provides a convenient space to store all of your fresh vegetables and fruit.
And because it’s so big it’s much easier to find everything you use every day, as they’re all in one place.
General Specifications of #10 Best Refrigerator in India are!
- Gross Total-192L
- Net Width-532L
- Cooling Type-Direct Cooling
- Net Weight-32kg
- Net case height with hinge-1,192mm
- Egg Container-Yes!(Egg Tray is available inside this Refrigerator!)
How to Choose A Refrigerator? A Complete Buying Guide! 😀
There are many factors which come into play while choosing a Refrigerator.
- Types Of Refrigerators
- Capacity or Size of Fridge
- Energy Rating
- Defrosting Type
Let’s have a look at them one-by-one! 🙂
Types Of Refrigerators
- Single Door Refrigerator
- Double-Door Refrigerator
- Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- French Door Refrigerator
1.Single Door Refrigerator
- It is a Refrigerator which only has one door(As the name suggests!)
- It has a capacity anywhere from 50 to 250 L
- A Single door Refrigerator is good for a family size of 1 to 3 members!
- It occupies less amount of Space
- Their cost are also very Reasonable.
- In these type of Refrigerator, you have to open the main door first and then the freezer door to access the freezer
- Power is consumed less as compared to double-door
2.Double Door Refrigerator
- As the name suggests, it has two doors.
- A double door refrigerator is great for a family of 3-4 members
- It comes frost free with electric fans
- It is huge and requires more space in the house
- Power is consumed more as compared to single door refrigerator
- Double door Refrigerators have a capacity 235 litres to 495 litres
3.Side by Side Refrigerator
- These Type of Refrigerators are not as energy efficient as compared to other types of Refrigerators.
- They are of slim style which limits the amount of food that can be stored inside.
- They have the benefit of requiring small door swing space which makes them ideal for kitchens with limited area.
- They are also budget-friendly .
- Some of them also have external ice machine and water dispenser
4.Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
- The Bottom Freezer utilizes the lesser-used space at the basement as compared to side-by-side refrigerator
- They have pull-out drawers have adjustable shelves!
- The Refrigerator portion occupies more space because the freezer has been moved to the bottom!
- Most Bottom Freezer Refrigerators are equipped with handy pull out baskets making more storage! 😉
- The total cost depends on brand,size but generally, these type of Refrigerators tend to be on more expensive sides.
- You will always have to bent down to take frozen items from Refrigerator which is not good for elderly people! 🙁
5.French Door Refrigerator
- They are one of the most popular styles of Refrigerators used today! 😀
- They are basically side by side refrigerator with a bottom freezer
- Frozen Food have to be stacked on top of each other unlike the more organized side by side 🙁
- These type of Refrigerators can be expensive!
- They gives you an illusion of your kitchen looking bigger!!
- They have an energy saving benefit too! 😀
Capacity of a Refrigerator
The larger your Refrigerator, More will be its Energy Consumption. If you are Replacing your old fridge with a new one, do not keep the old fridge because then it will consume even more energy. Unless, you absolutely need two refrigerators for your food’s cooling needs, you should definitely send the old for recycling. This will also save your energy consumption! 🙂
The size of your Refrigerator will often depend on the size of your Family members. If your Family have more than 5-6 members, go ahead with a Refrigerator whose net capacity is more than 500L, otherwise you would be okay with a capacity of less than 500L! 🙂
What is the Defrosting System in a Refrigerator?
The defrost system is found in all the refrigeration systems, household as well as the industrial systems.
The refrigeration systems are used to develop temperature below the freezing point temperature of water.
When the refrigeration systems works continuously for long periods of time a layer of ice or frost is built around the evaporator coil or the freezer that does not allows the cooling effect from the evaporator to pass into the freezer thus acting as the insulator.
This leads to loss of the precious cooling effect and reduction of coefficient of performance of the refrigerator and ultimately excessive increase in the electricity bills.
Thus the householder gets less freezing effect and has to pay more bills.
So the question is what are the various ways of Defrosting?
There are three methods of Defrosting
- Manual Defrosting
- Defrosting by Thermostat
- Defrosting by Heater
This is the oldest method of defrosting used in the earliest refrigerators that had no automatic defrost systems.
When the householder sees the layer of ice on the evaporator coil of the freezer, they simply shut down the refrigerator and keep its doors open.
Since the compressor has stopped there is no more formation of the cooling effect and the cabinet of refrigerator starts getting heated.
The ice on the evaporator coil starts melting and gets completely removed after certain period of time thus completing the process of defrosting
2.Defrosting by Thermostat
The modern day refrigerators are fitted with thermostat that enables the user to set certain temperature in the freezer compartment as per their requirement.
Besides this, there is a small plastic tray below the freezer compartment where the excess water from freezer is collected.
When the temperature set by the user is attained the thermostat stops supply of power to the compressor and there is halt in production of the cooling effect.
This occurs several times throughout the day. During this period, the ice collected on the evaporator coil of the freezer starts melting and the water, called condensate, is collected in the tray.
This tray has a small outlet at its bottom back side in its middle part. 3
Small tubing is connected to this outlet and this tube comes outside from the backside of the refrigerator.
In the bottom of the backside of refrigerator there is a compressor above which a small plastic condensate pan is kept.
The tubing extends till this pan and the defrost water from the freezer is delivered here.
Due to heat liberated by the compressor, the water in the pan tends to get evaporated. But sometimes the amount of defrost water is too high and the pan may overflow.
In such cases the water has to be removed at regular intervals. This type of automatic defrost system is used in the single door refrigerators.
3.Defrosting by Heater
This automatic defrost system is employed in refrigerators with more than one door.
In these refrigerators the freezer section is separated from the cooling cabinets. There is ducting in the PUF of the refrigerator that allows the flow of maximum cooling effect to the freezer and least to the cabinet meant for keeping the things cool.
Apart from the thermostat, there is also a heater fitted to the evaporator coil of these refrigerators. At certain regular intervals, there is stoppage of supply of electricity to the compressor and at the same time the supply to the heater is started.
This occurs for very short period of time, like few minutes and during this period all the frost accumulated on the evaporator gets removed.
The condensate is collected via small tubing from the back of the refrigerator into a small plastic condensate at the bottom of the refrigerator, very much like in the previous case.
Conclusion– I think buying a Refrigerator with an automatic Defrosting system is way better than buying one with that requires manual work! 🙂
Here are some pros and cons of Automatic Defrosting Refrigerators!
Here are the pros and cons of Manual Defrosting Refrigerators!
How to Choose an Energy Efficient Refrigerator?
What is the meaning of this “Energy Efficient”?
It basically means things or appliances that reduces the emission of Greenhouse Gases.
- Less expensive models sometimes are older models that do not meet the energy star qualifications. These models are a minimum of 20% less efficient than the Energy Star rated refrigerators.
- Make sure that your Refrigerator has an Energy Star
- Consider opting out of the icemaker and dispenser. Yes, they’re convenient and reduce the need to open the door, which in turn helps the freezer maintain a consistent temperature more easily. But they do increase a refrigerator’s energy use by 14-20 percent and usually increase the purchase cost of the fridge as well.
- Look for a fridge with an “energy saver” switch. This switch lets you turn down or off the heating coils that prevent condensation. This enables you to better control the anti-sweat heaters in the fridge, which can lower your refrigerator energy costs by 5-10 percent.
- Consider your family’s needs, and get the right size. What is the standard size of a refrigerator in cubic feet? Fridges come in many different sizes, but the most energy-efficient refrigerators are usually 16-20 cubic feet.
Are you wondering which style of Refrigerator is most Energy efficient?
When buying a refrigerator, energy efficiency is achieved best when considering freezer placement. In the energy efficiency battle of bottom-mount freezer vs. side-by-side fridges or top-mount freezer vs. side-by-side fridges — yes, it does matter where that freezer sits:
The most energy efficient refrigerator style is a top-mount freezer refrigerator
Top mount Freezer Refrigerators use 10-30% less energy than the models of side-by-side Refrigerators
Some of the great features of the newly built Refrigerators are
These days all the refrigerators are built with Adjustable Shelving. They give you flexibility of storage and are easy to clean.
The shelves in the fresh food section are easy to handle, remove, and adjust which provides usable storage space.
2.Smart Fridge Refrigerators!
This is one of my favourite features ! , so what is a “Smart Fridge”?
Samsung has integrated amazing innovation and an Artificial Intelligence system in its Fridges.
This Refrigerator from Samsung lets you play music, watch movies, check your calendar, write notes, check the weather, pin your favorite family photos, and even doodle! Exciting, isn’t it!?
These days, Refrigerator Companies are using Water Dispenser in their fridges!
It can be an internal or an external water dispenser with cold or hot water!
They let the Refrigerator Roll out for easier cleaning
5. A cooling zone in the refrigerator door shelves.
Air from the freezer section is diverted to the refrigerator door, to cool milk or juice stored in the door shelf.
6. A power failure warning that alerts the user by flashing a temperature display. It may display the maximum temperature reached during the power failure, and whether frozen food has defrosted or may contain harmful bacteria.
Should I buy A Refrigerator Online?
Since Refrigerator is one of the most investments you can make ever for your home, the above question would occur naturally!
It is absolutely okay (rather great) to buy refrigerator online. However, if you want to have a feel and prefer touching it in showroom before buying then I think you can buy offline also through retail shops near you buddy! 🙂
If you have any questions regarding Refrigerators, please feel free to comment below! I will answer every question you might have!
Basics of Refrigerator can also help you in increasing your knowledge! 🙂